Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wedding Pie

K: “You are cordially invited...”

N: “Cordially”?

K: You’d prefer “rudely”?

N: We don’t even need an adverb. Can’t they just show up?

K: “Your presence is requested...”

N: Who’s coming? The Queen Mother?

K: “Please do come, there’ll be cake.”

N: Say “pie”. More people’ll come if we say pie.

K: We’re not having wedding pie. (pause) (pause)

N: (sigh) “You are cordially invited to the wedding of--”

K: “Nuptials.”

N: It’s not a wedding, it’s a “nuptials”?

K: Nuptials and subsequent shindig.

N: That’s good. I like that.

K: Done and done.

N: Then we’re done. You wanna make out?

K: We’re not done.

N: You just said we were done!

K: We’re not done done.

N: Son of a...

K: We need date, time, location, attire...

N: We put all that on the front.

K: We put “attire” on the front?

N: They should dress comfy.

K: “Dress comfortably...And bring your dancin’ shoes!”

N: That’s good. I like that.

K: Done and done.

N: Wanna make out? (pause) (pause) (sigh) What else?

K: The card says five o’clock...

N: The card knows all.

K: Should we have said four-thirty? Our friends tend to run late...

N: It’s a five o’clock ‘go’. You show up late, you get no pie.

K: Agreed... Hey. How many people you think aren’t gonna RSVP till the last possible second?

N: What’d I say? Late? No pie!

K: Done and done. You wanna make out?

N: Yeah. That’s good. I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment